Thursday 12 February 2009

the hair cut bug


I've mentioned before that the blogs I have been reading have been quite inspirational to me but today Fat Lazy Guys blog made me physically do something.

I was walking around town busy picking up my sisters birthday present and this women approached me. No one likes being approached on the street! I tried to shrug her off and walk away but then some thing she said made me stop. She was offering out free haircuts. I asked her what the catch was... No one gives away anything for free. So I thought screw it I'll do it. And I did.

The hair dressing place is usually quite expensive so I was like hell yeah. But after arriving there I had second thoughts. Sitting in the chair and looking round, all I saw was these beautiful, well dressed skinny people. My heart slumped. I sat there in the chair and even though it was extremely hot in there I zipped my jacket up to my neck so no one could see my lumps and bumps. Then I sat worrying if I was sweating. It was a tad uncomfortable. So to avoid the people I looked into the mirror.

BIG MISTAKE. The lighting was super bright. I could see every blemish, spot or slightly red mark on my face. Not pretty. Then I saw my double chin. EURGH. It almost made me cry. I didn't realise it had become so prominant. I stopped the tears and realised now was not the time to cry like a baby but just add to the list of reasons I don't want to be fat. For a little while I closed my eyes then engaged in mindless chit chat with the hairdresser. *sigh* I just wanted it to be over.

Then bam. It was. And I loved my new haircut. I thanked her and walked out quickly. Once I hit the street I walked with a little more confidence than I had earlier and I did feel better. Alot better. I smiled as I finished the rest of my shopping. I felt happy. I still do. Even though I felt uncomfortable and super fat it was worth it in the end. And it was free.

Sometimes you just have to focus on the positve. I am learning...

6 comments:

Allison said...

That's such a cute haircut!

wildfluffysheep said...

Thankyou very much :D Allison

Carlos said...

allison's right great cut!

wildfluffysheep said...

yay. I love compliments, I do.
Thanks guys :D

Apex Zombie said...

I didn't realise you had posted about this! Wow, that IS a great haircut!

wildfluffysheep said...

FLG you inspiration, you... you did actually motivate me :D
and thank you very much.