Thursday 5 February 2009

almost a year on...


... And nothing much has changed in the fat status. Still fat. As you can see. Well actually I think I am a little bit heavier. And I completely I forgot I started this blog to encourage me to lose weight. I only made one post. HOW SHIT IS THAT? so from this moment effort increased 100 percent.

Over the last three weeks I have committed myself to the slimming world diet. I know, I know fad diets are not the best. But.... I know that this works for me and has been working. My first week I lost 5 pounds... second week I stayed the same mostly due to over indulging at several days of not living at home and hanging out with friends. This week despite being ill I managed to lose three pounds. 8 pounds three weeks. Not to bad. I am eating healthy. Ten times healthier than the last time I made an entry. So I mean... progress is happening. Slowly, slowly but better than nothing,

Finally found a sport I enjoy.. badminton... playing an hour a week. It feels good though I must admit I am the worst badminton player ever. But who cares about the points when the pounds are coming off right? I leave the court feeling exhilorated and happy but also with brightest red face you ever and I am puffing like a steam engine. That is a small price to pay. Another way I am looking to exercise is through the wii. I hate the idea of working out in a gym. I have been to several and the people there are already slim and are just maintaining the perfect body shape not trying to acheive it. And I always feel like I am being stared at. With the wii I can play as long as I like, for free, in my own comfy clothes and never have to leave the flat. The boxing section is where I work out most. I do it til I am out of breath and read faced. It's working. I play it everyday for 1 hour or so. I feel now I have more mobility in my arms.

My mother is an amazing rock to me and a great support network but I feel I need to talk to more people my age and my weight. Gain more perspective more help. But also maybe help and encourage others...

*gone to investigate*

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good Luck on your weight loss journey. You will love blogging about it-it is an amazing community. Look forward to following your progress.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Weightloss is definetly hard, but I believe totally obtainable. The more you blog the more support you will gain and there is a lot of people that truely understand this journey and will become your blog buddies. Good luck with your journey, and I will offer all the support I can.
Wishing you health and happiness!

adventure grrl said...

Thanks for your awesome comment on my blog. I swear I'll be back in some form. Your blog is really funny and I feel too, I'm reading from my own life - blunt and honest. We'll get there :) I'll see you again soon xoxoxo

TitanThirteen said...

I'm heavier than when i started my blog nearly two years ago too. That's what made me decide to pull my finger out!
I had to think, "How much do i really want this and how much am i prepared to sacrifice to get it?"