Sunday 25 October 2009

ah, the weekend at home!

Friday was my Gran's birthday. As usual celebrations mean eating out. I went with the steak and (local) ale pie with chips. Yes. Obviously not the best option but as usual I rationalised that it was a one off celebration lunch and I have the week to work it off. So I just enjoyed the moment. I did NOT however wash it down with a usual pint of cider and ate light the rest of the day so hopefully it will work out.

That was the only bad decision of the weekend. I resisted the stocked fridge of chicken satay, biscuits, spring rolls, pain au chocolate and fizzy drinks. I realised I can make some good decisions.

I learnt that raking the leaves in the garden is hard bloody work. Also never do it when it is windy. It did make me sweat more chasing the leaves. I managed to fill four giant bags in two hours... before the rain ushered in me in doors. Woke up the next day and you'd think I'd never been out there raking my socks off in the first place. Bah.

I regret not taking the dog for long walks. I really miss my iccle puppy. I wanted to steal her and bring her back to Manchester with me.

There was some more family drama. But the least said about the better.
I am tired physically.
and emotionally.
I love being at home with the family.
But I am glad to be back on my own.

10 comments:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Way to focus on the positives. I think your actions the rest of the weekend showed that friday was a one-off. Sorry about the drama!

Valerie Roberson said...

Ale pie? Hmmmm, sounds interesting :)

Good job on eating light. I think that's the key to enjoying celebrations-planning for them.

Nothing like family to make you appreciate alone time ;)

45+ and Aspiring said...

I think I'm more impressed that you can move past family drama so quickly than even passing up pain au chocolate. . .

Learning to be Less said...

Way to go!! Avoiding drama is hard and it didn't make you eat!

Raking leaves is hard work, that is why I don't do it. You are a good woman.

So glad you are back!! Have a great week.

Carlos said...

way to hang in there...

antgirl said...

Fantastic on swamping the weekend with good choices. You're rocking, Simone! Way to battle the drama.

Debby said...

OMG steak and ale pie! I plan on eating my way through the UK again next summer! You did great to make good choices! Hurrah!

Fat[free]Me said...

You have managed to cope a lot better this time - well done you!

Impressed! (so glad to have you back, too)

Danielle said...

Okay. I just looked up SteakandAle pie?? NOT something I have ever eaten. Beefy pie?? AH!!!! My husband and I got a good chuckle out of the ingredients.

YOU make me laugh too, by the way!!

big_mummy said...

oh man i do love a steak and ale pie, mmm mmmmm.

you shouldve stolen the pup lol