Friday 13 November 2009

A long long long week...

And a long long long post.
Been gone a week. Missed whiney old me?

Before I stayed with Sarah I spent one night with my ex boyfriend in London. Yes. The on that got in touch with me not so long ago. He was telling how much he'd changed and was in a better place and thought we could be finally friends. I know what you're thinking DON'T BE STUPID. I decided to give him the last benefit of the doubt. I am not going to go into too much detail so to cut a long story short but he hadn't changed one iota. Infact I realised it was me who had changed, a lot. I was a completely different person to when we first met and I do not need a person like him in my life. He really had not changed. I am glad I got to see this in person and now really now for myself that I don't need him. I hate the term closure but it really is. *huge sigh of relief*

Moving on... Stayed with Sarah. Got really ill. :( And had to leave early.Didn't want to give it to Sarah and Still ill. Got a nasty chesty cough. I ache from head to foot. My nose is running. I feel like I have a razor blade in my throat. I am coughing up phlegm every five minutes. On the way home from Sarah's I threw up in the street, my leg kept giving way and I almost passed out three times. I couldn't get my breath and I was so scared I was going to collapse. I cried on the tube. Could not wait to get home. I slept most of the 5 hour bus journey

I have eaten like shit this week. Had chinese food. A subway. Two McDonalds (LARGE BIG MAC MEAL x2) Before I left for Sarah's I had a meal out in the pub. I haven't counted any calories at all. I haven't really gave a fuck. I made a decision not to weigh in this week because I knew it was going to be horrific. My only redeeming grace is that I walked alot around london before i was sick and 25k steps one day and 15k the other. And right now things are not looking good. I have no energy and I hurt. No fresh fruit or veg. I can not be bothered to walk to the shops. I really do not feel so good. I am drinking lemsip max. the ultimate cure.

However, I DID weigh in. But I think the scales are broken. It has me down a pound. Sarah's scale had me up 2 pounds. I loved seeing 18 stones 13 pounds on the scale. But after this week it can't possibly be true. So it is a hollow victory but I will have to take it because I have nothing else to weigh in on. The wii always adds 4-6 pounds to what the scales always said. So I never use it.I don't lose my appetite when I am ill either. I am looking into buying a new scales...

I am writing this from the dept of the couch in my pjs, dressing gown and a massive collection of pillows and blankets. I am taking it easy today and catching up on a weeks worth of blogs.I wonder what you guys have been upto...

*achooooooo*

15 comments:

big_mummy said...

katies sofa?? *giggles* That thing doesnt need snot and phlegm on it.

i miss you :(

take the loss, we had chinese and since it was peanutty t would have been salty, so you held on a bit of water when you weighed. take it :)

F. McButter Pants said...

Hello My Dear Sick Friend!

I was wondering about you. Thought it had been awhile since your last post. Sorry you are sick. That sucks. Feel better, and for pitty sake, get some fruits and veggies in that house.

Wish I could be there to bring you some chicken soup. But alas, you will have to open your own can....lol!

Oh, a huge congrats on keeping your head where the Ex-BF was conderned. Too bad he was still an A-hole, but at least you know for sure now. Stay away!

big puffy hug

Unknown said...

GET WELL SOON MY WILD FLUFFY FRIEND! :)

:)xoxo

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Take care of you sweetie, we love you!

Tony said...

Rest up sweetheart!

antgirl said...

Of course, I missed ya!

Frak, it's still snowing.

Take care of yourself so that you don't have lingering symptoms for weeks on end.

Tricia said...

Get well soon!

arielcircleofnine said...

ok thats me all caught up!!! Take it easy, be kind to yourself while sick. Im sick too!! Came down with it hard yesterday, so I feel your sniffly achy pain! I think once you're back to feeling yourself we need another video blog!!!!

Debby said...

Awwwwww I'm sorry you're sick. I'd give you a big, mommy type hug but I don't want your crap!

Of course I missed you!

Apex Zombie said...

Dang, I'm so sorry to hear you're sick! That sounds awful! Take the loss and screw the food. If I were that sick, I'd be doing the same thing :) Enjoy what you can while it's staying down :)

Hope you get to feeling better soon :)

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

OH NO! Feel better! That trip sounds miserable. Hope you get better soon!

Danielle said...

Did you at least GET SOME with the ex?? I mean what good is a rehash without some lovin??

Not to make light of the emotional shit involved with dealing with that kind of stuff, but at least take a ride for the pain.

You SERIOUSLY caught up with blogs this week! I had a ton of comments from you.


I hope you feel better, poopy pants are no good.

Julie said...

That sucks!
I hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry about the food just get better and then you will get back on track.

Sorry about the dumbass ex... they happen

Mary - A Merry Life said...

Booo sickness! Get better soon!!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm a little late in reading this post, but I hope you are feeling better now!! Being sick is horrible. Don't worry about your weight now - just get better! The scale will be there when you're up to it.